Saturday, 4 July 2015

Weekend Read-A-Thon: Saturday

I was up early today, did some housework and am now ready to start reading :) 

Spicy Chai + Kindle <3

This time I really want to finish The Invasion of the Tearling and start something new :) 20% to go and seems like the final showdown already started.. 

Update #1
I just finished the book and looved it! The end almost made me cry as well. There is still no real conclusion to the whole but a part of the story ended in a very satisfying way! I couldn't be more excited for the third and last volume of the trilogy. I didn't find any information on it yet but am hoping for next year. GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!! Will write a review of the book pretty soon.

I am not so sure about what  to read now. I might continue my re-read of Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson or try out Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood. Or something entirely different :D I see what I feel like! First, I'll have lunch now :)

What I read today on my Kindle: 20%
Books/Ebooks I read: The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Books/Ebooks I finished: The Invasion of the Tearling

Update #2

After lunch I picked up my Nintendo 3DS for a while and after that decided to read some Steven Erikson. It was easy to find my way into the story again as I already read the book twice xD I am at 51% now and am looking forward to reading about the Bridgeburners.. 

I also started The Year of the Flood but am only 15 pages in, so there's not much to say about that. 

Read: 3% and 15 pages
Books/Ebooks: The Year of the Flood, Gardens of the Moon

Update #3

Unfortunately I didn't get to read much more, but I think I will like the Atwood book. It is the second part of a dystopian trilogy but doesn't deal with the same characters. We get two know 2 women and follow there lives after the "flood". The structure so far is similar to the first book as we get glimpses at the women's lives before the outbreak and also learn about their situation now. Toby is a gardener and lives on a rooftop and Ren was a dancer/prostitute I think.. I didn't read so much about her yet but both of the characters know each other.. Should become interesting! I hope both women will meet up soon.

Read: 35 pages
Book: The Year of the Flood

------------
Read on Saturday: 23% and 35 pages
Books read: 3 (The Year of the Flood, The Invasion of the Tearling, Gardens of the Moon)
Books finished: 1 (The Invasion of the Tearling)

1 comment:

  1. Yeay ganz viel lesen :D -ich mach auch gleich, aber erst schreiben. Beitrag ist fertig schon für heute ;)

    ReplyDelete