Wednesday, 18 March 2015
Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Spring TBR list
..although it's officially Autumn here in Australia ;-) Here is my TBR list for March until the end of May:
1. Theft of Swords. Riyria Revelations 1 by Michael J. Sullivan --> Because it sounds like solid High Fantasy and the series is fully written & published. So if I like it I won't have to wait for new books. Also, the main characters are 2 dudes and I expect bromance.
2. The Mirror Empire. Worldbreaker Saga 1 by Kameron Hurley --> I started reading it last year but stopped because I wanted to finish some other books first. I enjoyed it though, as it was pretty dark and innovative, with cool characters and lots of surprises already.
3. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov --> I wanted to read more classics and have been interested in reading this for a while.
4. The Stand by Stephen King --> It's kinda my long-term project and I finally wanna spend some more time with it.
5. The Orphan Queen by Jodie Meadows --> It sounds cool and I hope it can live up to my expectations. The moment there's a love triangle in sight I will put it down though..
6. Uprooted by Naomi Novik --> This sounds soooo good and I can't wait to get my hands on it when it gets published in May. I never read her Temeraire books but my best friend likes them and I heard a lot of positive opinions about those books.
7. The Emperor's Blades. Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne 1 by Brian Staveley --> On my list for a while and now that the second part is published and liked by many I will finally give the first one a try and hopefully love it to bits.
8. It by Stephen King --> Because Stephen King.
9. Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman --> I like Gaiman's novels, but his short-stories so far have been brilliant and highly enjoyable. I am happy to know that there are a lot of his collections out there I haven't read yet.
10. The Martian by Andy Weir --> The sample didn't blow me away but I will read it anyways. There's so much hype surrounding this one and I wanna know if it's really that awesome.