Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I am looking forward to in 2015


hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Books I am looking forward to in 2015:

1. The Fool's Quest (Fitz and the Fool Trilogy #2) by Robin Hobb --> Fitz & Fool are two of my all-time favourite characters! Can't wait for this sequel especially since the first book seemed more like an (awesome) introduction and there is so much more to come.

2. The Master Magician (The Paper Magician #3) by Charlie N. Holmberg --> I finished the first two books recently and enjoyed them a lot. Mainly because of the very cute lovestory :D I have high hopes for the conclusion.

3. The Orphan Queen (The Orphan Queen #1) by Jodi Meadows --> This debut sounds very promising. There are a lot of interesting new stories about queens in exile and I really like the setting. If it's as good as Queen of the Tearling I will be very happy!

4. The City of Mirrors (Passage Trilogy 3#) by Justin Cronin --> SOOOO EXCITED!! AMYYY!! I just googled and found out that the last part of the trilogy will be published next year. I love love love these books despite their overly dramatic and over-the-top endings :D

5. Shadows of Self (Wax and Wayne Trilogy #2) by Brandon Sanderson --> I didn't even read The Alloy of Law yet but will do so pretty soon. And everything Sanderson writes would be on the list. Apart from Firefight ;-)

6. The Invasion of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling #2) by Erika Johansen --> I need to know how this story goes on! The debut was almost perfect and I love the characters. can't wait to read about all of them again.

7. Fall of Light (Kharkanas Trilogy #2) by Steven Erikson --> Sure thing, I loved Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen and will definitely also read this trilogy. I am waiting for all of the books to be published before I start though. If there's too much time between them I get confused and probably forget half of the characters :D 
Am rereading Gardens of the Moon at the moment when I feel like it and plan on doing so with the whole series! But oh.. all the characters I forgot... :D

The next 3 books.. I am pretty sure that they will not be published next year but as there is no set date yet I have my hopes up anyways

8. The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastards #4) by Scott Lynch --> probably the most likely to get published in 2015.The last update I read said that Lynch will hand the book in in the end of this year.. So about now :D I hope he did ;-) I need more Locke Lamora/Jean Tannen bromance in my life ;-)

9. The Doors of Stone (Kingkiller Chronicle #3) by Patrick Rothfuss --> I can't describe how much I LOVED the first two books! But I will be waiting patiently for the last one of the trilogy - if it's as good as the first 2.

10. The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin --> Ahahaha.. haha.. ha... I think late 2016 is more likely but you never know.

10 comments:

  1. I keep hearing good things surrounding The Orphan Queen! I'm very intrigued! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It sounds exciting, doesn't it? Expectations are high, I hope that it won't disappoint :-)

      Delete
  2. Haha The Winds of Winter. That would be nice. GET ON WITH IT GEORGE.

    I didn't realise The Passage was a series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be too good to be true!
      Yes, it's a trilogy consisting of The Passage, The Twelve and the forthcoming City of Mirrors :)

      Delete
  3. Haha, I like that you added Winds of Winter! I'm also a little scared how it will be once that one is out. I only read the book during the past two year and can't imagine what it must be like to wait for year for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you have been lucky then :D But I suppose waiting for the last one after The Winds will be the worst!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, there are several authors on this list that I keep meaning to read - Erikson, Lynch and Hobb especially - and several more that I've never even heard of and will go look at their books immediately. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hobb is definitely worth a try if you enjoy High Fantasy - you can't help but fall in love with the characters ;)

      Delete
  5. The second book from Fitz next year? Oh! I have to read the first now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for the Thorn of Emberlain! I'm pretty confident it'll get published in 2015 since Lynch has been pretty convincing that he's back in the game, love him!

    ReplyDelete