Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Best books I read in 2014

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/
 
 
One author is definitely dominating ;-) I couldn't say which of those 10 books I liked best though, they have all been pretty awesome!

 
 
1. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen --> One of the surprises this year. I never heard of the author before and thought I'd give it a try. Wouldn't have thought that it's that good and gripping!
 
2. The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson --> One of many Sanderson's on this list, a lovely well-written crime/fantasy novel for all ages!
 
3. The Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb --> I have been waiting a looong time for this one and wasn't disappointed! All the feels, when I read about Fitz, Fool, Chade, Kettricken and so on.. I love them all!
 
4. The Innocent by David Baldacci --> A great page turner! Exciting until the end, and I loved the 2 main characters.
 
5. Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson --> What can I say? I love, love, love how epic this one is and how many scenes are just too awesome too be true! And by the way, KALADIIIIIN!!!!!
 
6. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson --> see Words of Radiance :D
 
7. The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson --> The TWISTS! Oh my god, I am still freaking out when I think about this awesome, emotional ending!
 
8. The Dark Tower by Stephen King --> Stands for the whole series I read within the last 3/4 years. Great books with memorable characters and a little bit of everything. Will surely read them all again one day! (and please no movie...)
 
9. The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg --> Also a surprise, wouldn't have thought that the book kept me entertained the whole time.
 
10. The Twelve by Justin Cronin --> Great second part! Apart from the ending :D But I still loved reading it and can't wait for the conclusion of the trilogy next year!

 

7 comments:

  1. Judging from your list, I think you are the perfect person to ask. I haven't read any Brandon Sanderson books yet, but I've seen so many bloggers mention him on these lists. Which book would you recommend I read first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for passing by :)
      I think "The Final Empire", the first part of the Mistborn trilogy, would be good to start! It's one of his earliest works and he takes time to introduce the reader to his awesome magic system and his awesome characters :D

      Delete
  2. I've only read The Rithmatist, but it was great. I definitely need to read more from Brandon Sanderson. :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of the books on your list this week!! I'll have to check them out. Here's my TTT for this this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I just read another list that mentioned Queen of Tearling as their worst read of the year. I've wanted to read Robin Hobb forever too! Same with Sanderson. I think I'll start with Steelheart though. I tried to start the Dark Tower, but it was just so strange I set it aside. Maybe I should try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Queen of the Tearling sounds good but I'm a little skeptical about it. Glad to see you loved it.
    thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete