Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Goodbye 2014, hello 2015!

Wow, the year is almost over again and this one went quick if you ask me :) I had a really good year so that is probably the reason why. 

I also read a lot more books than in the previous year, thanks to no uni any more. 

So this year I finished 35 books, lots of them had more than 500 pages and some even around 1000. This number doesn't sound too high if compared to other blogs but I am really happy with it. I also enjoyed many books this year and was very lucky with my choices :)

26 of the books belong to the fantasy genre
3 are dystopian / postapocalyptic tales
1 is a thriller
1 a horror / mystery book
1 a cassic
3 are contemporary young adult books

I reviewed 27 of those so far.

There are 6 books I started but didn't like and didn't finish.

Most read authors 2014 were:



Brandon Sanderson with 9 books
Stephen King with 4 books


It is really hard to pick the best book or a Top 3 because I just read soo many good ones this year :)

If I had to I would probably pick the Stormlight Archives as well as the last Mistborn book, The Hero of Ages, as they just blew me away!
I would name Erika Johansen's Queen of the Tearling as well as Charlie N. Holmberg's Paper Magician books as the biggest surprises for me this year. 
A book I have been waiting for for a long time was Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb and I loved it as well!

I finished 2 book series this year:
The Dark Tower by Stephen King (7 books in total)
Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (3 ;-) )

On the other hand I started quite a few new ones - 8!! And that is only counting the ones I want to continue. There are a few that are not worth it or where the story is over for me.
The funny thing is that I could only continue with 2 of them right now as the other ones are not published yet..

I took part in 2 challenges that are not over yet
1. Lisas (Books & Senses) Let's read it in English Challenge --> I read 33 books for this challenge so far and there is still time to read some more until the 17th of January 2015.
2. Crinis and Elenas Brandon Sanderson Challenge --> From the 1st of August 2013 to the 31st of July 2015. Since the beginning of August I read & reviewed 4 books by Brandon Sanderson and now there is not much left! :D

I am currently reading 3 books at the same time. 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (17%)
The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson (50%)
The Stand by Stephen King (16%)

I finish 2014 with 3 books TBR:
Dark Divide by Jennifer Fallon (probably on my pile of books for 2 years so this will be next)
Sixth of the Dusk by Brandon Sanderson (recently purchased, only a short story)
Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey (bought this year, will read it after the Fallon book)

I blame Australian book prices - I always think twice before I decide to buy a book. And mostly read ebooks as they are a lot cheaper. 


2 comments:

  1. How are you liking Alloy of Law? I finished The Hero of Ages earlier this week and I'm so nervous about continuing in case I get sudden withdrawals from the characters that I love. Mostly Vin. I'm still not over a certain character's departure in The Final Empire, so I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with a new cast of characters in AoL!

    Happy New Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I just finished it and liked it a lot. Not as awesome as the hero of ages or the stormlight archives, but still a pretty good read. The 2 new main characters are great together and some of the old ones are mentioned as well :) looking forward to the next books in the series and would definitely recommend them :)

      Delete