Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Winter Reading List


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Here I present to you the books I'd like to read in the next few months (although it's not winter, but summer here ;-) )

1. Flammenwueste bei Akram El-Bahay --> I haven't read a German book in years and I miss it. Doesn't sound that captivating but there will be a discussion about it in my favourite online community and I will join in. Am really looking forward to it and hope that the book will be a fun read!

2. Kushiel's Chosen by Jacqueline Carey --> because it is way too long ago that I read the first part of this trilogy and I feel like lots of romance and DRAMA and beautiful language.

3. The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey --> I am so curious about this one and only the fact that it still costs too much keeps me away from getting it.

4. The Wilful Princess and the Piebald Prince by Robin Hobb --> Because it's the only Hobb apart from the Soldier Son Trilogy I haven't read yet and this is a shame ;-)

5. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson --> I NEED this book so badly! But can't find it as an ebook anywhere (thank you, amazon.com.au!). The print version is a bit expensive so I put it on my Christmas wishlist!

6. The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson --> Because Sanderson.

7. Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier --> More romance and drama and kind of always the same story, but I like reading about Sevenwaters.

8. Rogues by George R. R. Martin and others --> I need short stories. Especially ones written by Rothfuss, Martin, Hobb, Gaiman....

9. Something by Stephen King --> I enjoy his books more and more. But not sure which one to pick yet!

10. The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood --> I am into dystopian, apocalyptic tales right now so it is a good time to continue this trilogy.


8 comments:

  1. I really want to read The Kiss of Deception - it looks AMAZING! Hope you're able to get it for Christmas! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiss of Deception is freakin amazing! Definitely one of my favorite 2014 books. I hope you're able to get it =)

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read The Girl With All Gits, keep hearing good things about it. And Rogues- I forgot about that one! I bet there's some good short stories in that one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kyra and @ Across the Words
    Thanks you two! Seems like I definitely made the right choice with this one :) But now I am even more curious :D

    @Greg
    Same here, lots of my friends read the Girl with All the Gifts and are excited! The anthology will hopefully be as good as Songs of Love and Death - did you hear about this one? It features almost the same authors and I liked it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read some Atwood books as well as The Girl With All The Gifts, all of which I've heard amazing things about! I LOVE, LOVE Kiss Of Deception and I hope you get your hands on it soon.
    -Jon from Bookish Antics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jon! Okay, I think I am more than convinced now :D when I am in town on friday I will hunt the book down and read it immediately! :)

      Delete
  6. I've seen a couple of people online who've read a Sevenwaters book and absolutely loved it, so that makes me curious to try it, also!
    I want to buy & read The Willful Princess and the Piebald Prince, too! I've seen a gorgeous copy at the bookstore, but haven't yet talked myself into picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Akram El-Bahay hat eine Kurzgeschichte zum Roman geschrieben. Ich würde Dir empfehlen, diese vor dem Roman zu lesen. :)

    ReplyDelete