Saturday, 20 September 2014

What I am up to

Yayy, it is spring! I am so so happy that this winter is over. People might expect it to be nice and sunny in Australia all over the year but not in Victoria where I am living. So I am really glad that it's getting better now. We had a couple of 20-degree-days already but next week should be even better with up to 25 degrees! My partner and I already prepared our garden, tidied up outside and planted lots of veggies and herbs. We also adopted two little rabbits ;-)

I can't wait to read outside in the sun again.

I am almost done with American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Still not sure what to think about it. On the one hand it has some really cool ideas, the language is pretty and I like the Interludes. But the main plot is slow and the main character could be a bit more emotional and less like a machine^^ 

I also felt like reading The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson again so I started re-reading the first book, Gardens of the Moon. It's been a while since I finished the series and I might actually read the whole thing again as it is probably my most favourite complete fantasy epic.. I enjoy the re-read so far - I noticed that I forgot lots of things. It's so good to read about all those awesome characters again, especially the Bridgeburners. Quick Ben is still my favourite character :-)

Blood Song by Anthony Ryan is a book I was very curious about and after buying it last week, I decided to read a couple of pages.. there I was, on page 200 :D Can't wait to get back to it after I'll finish Gaiman, as it is very gripping and fun to read. 

I also got a new ebook:
Inferno Park by J.L. Bryan


Carter was only twelve when he witnessed the disaster that killed more than a hundred people at Starland Amusement Park. Five years later, Carter’s hometown is no longer a busy Florida panhandle resort, but a slowly dying town full of empty motels and attractions rusting behind chains and padlocks.
Now something evil stirs in the ruins of the old amusement park...something with an alluring siren song drawing visitors into the dark mysteries of the forbidden world behind the gate. Something with an appetite for restless, yearning souls.

Carter reluctantly returns to the old park in the company of a new girl in town, who is obsessed with urban decay and pop-culture ruins, and discovers the evil at work. To stop it, and protect the children of the town, Carter will have to face his oldest and deepest fears.
Sounds good, hey? I love haunted places, in movies and in books and I can't wait to read it! It's for the HALLOWREAD I posted about earlier.

I also did a lot of crochet work - currently I am crocheting a shirt and a teddy bear, will show my last projects some other time, when I have a new camera :)

Cheers,
Mila

No comments:

Post a Comment