Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Lieblingszitate: Stephen King

The  Gunslinger. The Dark Tower 1

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Time's the thief of memory.


The Drawing of the Three. The Dark Tower 2

Might as well try to drink the ocean with a spoon as argue with a lover.

We are going to fight. We are going to be hurt. And in the end, we will stand.


The Waste Lands. The Dark Tower 3

Go, then - there are other worlds than these.

I'll show you fear in a handful of dust.

Gods pity you, then, for the sun is going down on this world. It's going down forever.

'You didn't let me fall this time.' His voice was no more than a whisper.
'No. Not this time, and not ever again.' 

Don't ask me silly questions
I won't play silly games
I'm just a simple choo choo train
And I'll always be the same.

I only want to race along
Beneath the bright blue sky
And be a happy choo choo train
Until the day I die.


Blaine is a pain, and that is the truth.


Wizard and Glass. The Dark Tower 4

If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone.


The Wolves of Calla. The Dark Tower 5

No one ever does live happily ever after, but we leave the children to find that out for themselves.

'Your man Jesus seems to me a bit of a son of a bitch when it comes to women,' Roland said. 'Was He ever married?' The corners of Callahan's mouth quirked. 'No' he said, 'but His girlfriend was a whore.'
'Well,' Roland said, 'that's a start.'



Song of Susannah. The Dark Tower 6 

In the Land of Memory the time is always Now.
In the Kingdom of Ago, the clocks tick... but their hands never move.
There is an Unfound Door
(O lost)
and memory is the key which opens it.





The Dark Tower. The Dark Tower 7 

Certainly there were miles ahead, and they would be hard ones. Still, for now, he was content. His mind was quiet and his sore heart was at peace. It was enough to hold and be held. Enough to stand here with his eyes shut and to think My father has come for me.

Even if the torture stops, I'll die. And you'll die too, for when love leaves the world, all hearts are still. Tell them of my love and tell them of my pain and tell them of my hope, which still lives. For this is all I have and all I am and all I ask.

"All is forgotten in the stone halls of the dead. These are the rooms of ruin where the spiders spin and the great circuits fall quiet, one by one."

"See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
On his shell he holds the earth.
His thought is slow but always kind;
He holds us all within his mind.
On his back all vows are made;
He sees the truth but mayn't aid.
He loves the land and loves the sea,
And even loves a child like me."

1 comment:

  1. Liebe Mila,

    ich habe gesehen, dass du im letzten Jahr beim Weihnachtswichteln von Myriel von Lesen Beflügelt teilgenommen hast. Auch dieses Jahr soll es wieder ein Bücherweihnachtswichteln geben und da Myriel es dieses Jahr leider nicht ausrichten kann, habe ich mich dazu entschlossen es selbst zu organisieren. Da mein Blog nicht allzu bekannt ist, habe ich gedacht, ich schreibe ein paar von den Teilnehmern aus dem letzten Jahr an und frage nach, ob sie dieses Jahr auch gerne wieder mitmachen würden. Wenn du auch dieses Jahr wieder Lust aufs Bücherwichteln hast, dann kannst du dich unter diesem Link http://t.co/CbH0b6Re noch einmal genauer informieren und dich anmelden, wenn du möchtest.

    Ich würde mich sehr über deine Teilnahme freuen, denn je mehr mitwichteln, desto mehr Spaß macht es! :)

    Liebe Grüße
    Lena

    ReplyDelete