Saturday, 24 September 2011

Lieblingszitate: Brandon Sanderson

The Final Empire. Mistborn 1

Sazed shook his head. "Men are more resilient than that, I think. Our belief is often strongest when it should be weakest. That is the nature of hope." 

I never wanted to be feared. If I regret one thing, it is the fear I have caused. Fear is the tool of tyrants. Unfortunately, when the fate of the world is in question, you use whatever tools are available.  

"But you can't kill me, Lord Tyrant. I represent that thing you've never been able to kill, no matter how hard you try. I am hope." 

"Belief isn't simply a thing for fair times and bright days, I think. What is belief - what is faith - if you don't continue in it after failure."

The Well of Ascension. Mistborn 2

"It's easy to believe in something when you win all the time...The losses are what define a man's faith."

The Hero of Ages. Mistborn 3

"A man is what he has a passion about," Breeze said. 'I've found that if you give up what you want most for what you think you should want more, you'll just end up miserable.'"

"Why did they believe? Because they saw miracles. Things one man took as chance, a man of faith took as a sign. A loved one recovering from disease, a fortunate business deal, a chance meeting with a long lost friend. It wasn't the grand doctrines or the sweeping ideals that seemed to make believers out of men. It was the simple magic in the world around them."

The Way of Kings. Stormlight Archive 1

"Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination."

"Somebody has to start. Somebody has to step forward and do what is right, because it is right."

"Just because I do not accept the teachings of the devotaries does not mean I've discarded a belief in right and wrong."
"But the Almighty determines what is right!"
"Must someone, some unseen thing, declare what is right for it to be right? I believe that my own morality - which answers only to my heart - is more sure and true than the morality of those who do right only because they fear retribution."

"What did you put in the fire?" Kaladin said. "To make that special smoke?"
"Nothing. It was just an ordinary fire."
"But, I saw-"
"What you saw belongs to you. A story doesn't live until it is imagined in someone's mind."
"What does the story mean, then?"
"It means what you want it to mean," Hoid said. "The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think , but to give you questions to think upon. Too often, we forget that."

No comments:

Post a Comment